Hourly Charge Out Rates
Please find below our charges based on the hourly rate:
The fees below do not include VAT. Please note VAT will be added to the fees at the current rate of 20%.
A complete breakdown will be provided at the conclusion in the Bill given to you.
|Grade of Fee Earner||Hourly Rate|
Solicitors with over eight years post qualification experience including at least eight years litigation experience.
Solicitors and legal executives with over four years post qualification experience including at least four years litigation experience.
Other solicitors and legal executives and fee earners of equivalent experience
Trainee solicitors, paralegals and other fee earners.
The work will be charged based on the level of the fee earner carrying out the work. The senior immigration solicitor is a Level 2 Senior Law Society Accredited Immigration Advisor.
Fixed Fee Charges
We offer fixed fee quotes, please contact us for further information.
The quoted fee includes the following:
The work will involve:
- We will be taking detailed instructions from you and discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how.
- We will inform you about the list of documents required for your matter and the information we require in order to submit your application and will consider the supporting evidence you have provided.
- where necessary, advising you on whether any further evidence is needed (such as medical records and bank statements), including witness statements
- We will prepare and complete the relevant immigration form and information required to complete the application in detail and book an appointment if necessary. Prior to submission of the application we will go through the form with you.
- We will draft a covering letter in support of your application where it is necessary and give you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take. We will advise you of the estimate of the time frame that your application will be decided within.
Each matter comes with its own set of tailored issues and no two matters are precisely the same. Your matter will be completed under the supervision of a senior Solicitor. The fees quoted are an estimate of charges that you are likely to incur in your case based on the estimated time it would require to complete your matter and the charges are calculated using an average hourly rate. The quotes provided are based on the understanding that assistance is provided at the suitable level.
We can only provide you with a fixed fee, once we are able to gather in-depth information about your individual matter and the level of assistance you require in your matter. In any event, Mikhael Law would agree the fee estimate or fixed fee costs with you prior to commencing work on your matter.
Visit visas application (Tourism, visiting friends/family)
Our Fixed Fees start from £750-£1500 excluding VAT. On the basis of a Solicitor doing the work the estimated time taken for the work involved can be between 6-12 hours. Any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Applying to become British (Nationality)
Our Fixed Fees start from £750-£1500 excluding VAT. On the basis of a Solicitor doing the work the estimated time taken for the work involved can be between 6-15 hours. Any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Applications for study, work experience, dependent relative and family reunion applications, ancestry visas.
Our Fixed Fees start from £850-£1700 excluding VAT. On the basis of a Solicitor doing the work the estimated time taken for the work involved can be between 6-12 hours. Any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Our Fixed Fees start from £900-£1800 excluding VAT. The work involved is between 6-12 hours based on the Solicitor doing the work. Any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
Our Fixed Fees start from £450-£900 excluding VAT. The work involved is between 4-8 hours at the estimated average rate. Any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Any other categories, such as applications based on long residence
Fixed Fees start from £900 excluding VAT. On average, this work takes between 6-15 hours at our estimated average rate to complete any additional work beyond this will be charged at either an hourly rate or we can agree a further fixed fee depending upon the circumstances.
Fixed Fee General Advice
For a Fixed Fee Mikhael Law will provide a fixed one-off appointment at the following costs:
- £60 inclusive of VAT for a 30-minute appointment, not exceeding the provided appointment time.
- £100 inclusive of VAT for a 1 hour appointment, not exceeding the provided appointment time.
- The appointment can be conducted via face to face consultation at our office, over the phone, or Skype.
Pricing and Work Undertaken
When providing you with price for the work involved, it is on the basis of our understanding that:
- There are no complex or unforeseen issues associated which make your application complicated, eg. criminal record or a previous history of default of the immigration rules.
- You satisfy the requirements of the British Nationality Act 1981,Immigration rules and European Economic Area Regulations as appropriate to your application.
It is not always possible to give you an exact number of hours that will be required per matter. The factors that we need to consider when providing you a quotation include the following:
- Whether it is your first application in respect of your immigration matter or it is an application for indefinite leave to remain or a visa extension
- Any additional work you require in respect of your application or immigration matter
- The number of supporting documents that need to be reviewed and considered.
- If there are any dependants, the number of dependants and their circumstances.
- The availability of documents and issues arising from them.
- The urgency of your matter and complexity of your case.
- Whether Tribunal appearances are required
- Whether a Barrister is required to review your case and provide written advice and/or represent you before the tribunal for an appeal
Please note that the prices quoted do not include disbursements in your matter. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters work on an hourly basis however we are unable to confirm their fees as they are subject to ie location, how much work is involved etc.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
- We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
- We will normally be able to submit this type of application within as soon as we have all so documents and required information from you
- Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
If you require any further information about our Immigration services then please contact our friendly Immigration team on 0161 222 6092 and speak to a member of the team today.