Buying or selling your home is quite possibly the largest financial transaction you will ever make. It’s not a process to leave to chance. You want to make sure that everything is in order, and we can help you take the stress out of the whole process by giving you sound and practical advice. Conveyancing is time consuming and complex however at Mikhael Law our new conveyancing system keeps you in control and your agent and mortgage company in the loop. This allows the transparency throughout the procedure.
Our new technology allows you to obtain an instant conveyancing quote and keep track of your matter online keeping you informed at any time, on any device on how your matter is progressing.
Why choose us?
- Fixed Fees – We offer low fixed fee rates and instant online comprehensive quotes including searches and stamp duty payment.
- Obtain a free no-obligation Conveyancing Quote today – If you decide to proceed with the matter then simply quote your reference when contacting us.
- Accessible – Track how your matter is progressing from any device 24/7, or call us, email us or visit us – whatever suits you. If you are an exsiting client and would like to keep a track your case you can login here [login-page]
- We work with your real estate agent and mortgage advisor – We take a collaborative approach to ensure transparency and speedy completion.
- Local Experience – – You can’t beat it.
- Lexcel Accredited Practice – We’re an approved practice which means our quality service is recognised by The Law Society as excellent.
- Personal and Friendly Service – We pride ourselves in providing a uniquely personalised approach to ensure we deal with your queries as quickly as possible.
Our conveyancing solicitors can help
We know how stressful it is, and will use our many years of experience to make sure that everything flows smoothly. We’ll make sure that everything is above board and that you’re getting what you expect.
We’ll expedite things as much as we can and keep you up to date on progress.
We offer a fixed fee service, which will help you budget for your move.
What’s included in the conveyancing process
Our conveyancing solicitors will:
- Make sure that the property title is sound and verify the ownership.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, licences and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property, and if there are that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority searches to make sure if there are zoning restrictions or any debts due.
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might including checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned railway or motorway developments, whether medieval laws still require you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry.
- Send a copy of the deeds to your mortgage lender.
Looking for a free, no obligation, instant conveyancing quote?